Ruark R4 Mk3 Ipod Music System
With its beautiful design the Ruark R4 IMS is the perfect `all in one` music solution for 21st century living. Ideal for modern day technophobes, simply plug in and within minutes R4 will provide stunning room filling sound that will satisfy even the most discerning listener.
Comprising an enhanced multi format CD player, high quality Bluetooth receiver, USB playback port, DAB/DAB+/FM tuners and auxiliary and optical inputs united with a powerful 2.1 audio grade amplifier/speaker system, the third generation Ruark R4 carries forward the ideology of the original model as a traditional music centre, though one designed and engineered for 21st century living.
Since its introduction in 2008, R4 has become regarded as possibly the finest ‘all-in-one’ system available. With Ruark`s belief in evolutionary design the new R4 IMS looks reassuringly familiar, but throughout it has been carefully re-engineered making it better than ever. With a smaller footprint, lower profile and selection of beautiful finishes the new R4 exudes style and with our latest RotoDial controller and new technology Organic LED (OLED) display, R4 is simplicity itself to use.
The new R4 features a quality DAB/FM tuner and with DAB+ included, it can recieve the full choice of stations where this updated format is now being used.
- Slot Loading CD Player
- R4 MK3’s slot loading CD player is swift to operate and alongside standard music CDs will also play CD-Rs encoded with WAV, MP3, AAC or WMA music files. R4 Mk3 also displays track and artist information when this information is available on the disc.
- RotoDial Controller
- The innovative RotoDial controller has been updated and is now integrated so users can manage functions either directly from R4 or use its new dedicated infrared remote. With its ergonomic design the new remote control feels comfortable to hold and alongside the RotoDial control makes operation of R4 IMS simple and intuitive.
- USB Playback Port for MP3, AAC and WMA Files
- On the rear of R4 is a USB playback port for MP3, AAC and WMA files along with a digital optical input and analogue inputs and output. The USB port also doubles as a convenient charge port for most mobile devices. Specifically the new R4 makes a superb TV sound system with the optical input providing a handy connection point.
- Bluetooth with AptX Technology
- Ruark R4 IMS features aptX® audio technology which partners with Bluetooth® so you can stream music from compatible devices to R4 with CD quality sound. Bluetooth’s flexibility and simplicity has made it the leading method for wireless streaming and it works with most Smartphone/Tablet audio applications and music streaming services such as Spotify and Apple Music.
- Customisable Twin Alarms
- R4 is possibly too big for most bedside tables, but on a chest or suchlike the new R4 will make any bedroom sound better and with its remote control and customisable twin alarms with sleep and snooze timer you can control R4 and wake or doze exactly how and when you want.
- OLED Display
- Programme and set-up information are displayed with precision on R4s new OLED (organic light emitting diode) display. Whether you are viewing straight on or from an angle, set-up and programme information is displayed with absolute clarity. The display brightness can also be adjusted to suit your requirements, both in active and standby modes.
- Hand Crafted Enclosure
- From the years spent designing high-end loudspeakers Ruark understand the importance of cabinet and drive unit design to create natural sound, free from colouration and distortion. The enclosure of R4 IMS is hand-crafted from materials chosen for their exceptional acoustic properties and likewise our drive units are carefully designed and constructed to allow optimum dynamics with a smooth extended frequency response.
- Class A-B amplifier system
- Ruark`s design philosophy is far removed from the majority of compact systems available today. As an example most other products use amplifier chipsets for cost and simplicity, but for R4 IMS we use our own Class A-B amplifier system using discrete component technology. This practice is usually only found in prestige, high value audio separates.